Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jewish Enchiladas

While Pop was here we went all with the foodz. One night for dinner I made enchiladas with brisket, a traditional Harris dish.I got a big ole brisket and rubbed it down with olive oil and spices and then put a nice solid black pepper crust on top. I cooked it in an oven bag for about four hours. When it comes out I shred it up with a coupla forks (eating the entire gorgeous pepper crust bit by bit while I'm prepping all the other items)
My Dad is a celebrator of all things onion and my hubby is allergic, so I have to make two of everything. So I cooked one batch of filling chock full of onions and the other with these hooge sauteed mushrooms.
All the componants ready for assemblage.
Everything stuffed rolled and ready for another layer of cheese and a hot oven.

I meant to take some pictures of the finished product but I ate it all before I remembered. I am new at food blogging and I promise I'll get better :)
UPDATE!
I found a picture!
Even though we ate on these for four days when we finally ran out I still wanted more.

1 comments:

Brandi said...

Don't let him make you think he's allergic :)

Post a Comment